In November 2020, Berlin’s BVG presented the two prototypes of the future Berlin double-decker, the Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 model, at its Müllerstraße depot in Wedding to the press.
We had reported about the official presentation of the buses here:
Shortly before the end of the year, the first of the new double-deckers from the series, no. 3552, arrived in Berlin. Based on the experience with the two prototypes, small modifications have been made. By the end of next year, in 2023, all 200 Enviro 500s on order are to be delivered to BVG. This means the final „goodbye“ to the MAN double-deckers of the A39 series.
The most important technical data:
- Type: ADL Enviro500 double-decker, three-door low-floor double-decker bus
- Engine: 6 cylinder Mercedes Benz OM936 engine, 7.7 litres, 260kW (354PS), Euro 6d
- Transmission: Voith DIWA.6
- Axles: ZF RL75A front axle / ZF AV133 drive axle / ZF RL75A trailing axle, actively steered with Bosch eRAS
- Air conditioning: Full Thermo King TDD-S air conditioning and Spheros auxiliary heating
- length: 13.80 metres
- height: 4.06 metres
- Width: 2.55 metres
- Tare weight: 16,400 kg
- Permissible total weight: 26,000 kg
- Total passengers capacity: 112, thereof 80 seated (55 upper deck/ 25 lower deck), 3 folding seats